Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:14:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: super stock picker picked lots of super stocks  (Read 26616 times)
jeff

« on: July 17, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »

i did not keep all the records what super stock picker had picked. but i do have some still in my list. when looking back, and from the ones i have, i must say, SSP is doing a very good job:

aah.to, picked mid March for "Price Momentum Weekly" at around $18, price now: $28.68

bcb.to, picked towards end April  for "Price Momentum Weekly" at around $2.5, price now: $7.85: Amazing!

cx.to, picked early April for "Price Momentum Weekly" at around $1.1, price now: $1.52

mgl.to, picked end Feb 3.25 for "Price Momentum Weekly" at around $18, price now: $5.26

ogc.to, picked mid March for "Price Momentum Weekly" at around $0.55, price now: $1.05

osk.to, picked mid March for "Price Momentum Weekly" at around $5, price now: $6.79

rcm.to, picked early March for "Price Momentum Weekly" at around $20, price now: $27.5

the only problem i have with SSP's picks is most of the stocks' volume is very low, so i dare not to buy, i am afraid in case the stock went the opposite direction i can not sell it, or if i really want to sell it i have to accept the big gaps and sell at a good discount.
garilou

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 05:24:48 AM »

Yes, they really do nice picks, and some have done well even during the DOWN time, (From Monday on, we UP again!)

The problem of volume has often been discussed.
Lack of volume has often prevented me to buy their recommendations.

SSP record their performance starting from the closing price of the day the order was given, but when there is so little volume, and the strategy says buy 18000 shares... there is a big chance that you can't get them!
But since the trades are not thought to be day trading, this could be a lesser problem, you could buy them in more then one day (the TSE does not accept the all or none orders anymore, which makes think a little more complicated).

If you buy at market and not at a limit price, you can get them at a pretty much higher price then at the closing price.
In principle, one should not have to put stops, and just wait the sell order from SSP.
But if you do give a stop loss order, your order goes to the market, and then you might end up selling MUCH lower then the price you set for your stop.
And as you said, even without a stop, when the sell order comes from SSP, they can get very difficult to sell.

SSP has replied once that they were working on a sort of volume filter, but that they were afraid to miss some good opportunities.

I guess they will think real hard and find a compromise between too little volume, and good profit opportunities.

Louise
bryanmcn

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 09:16:28 AM »

Dec 11, 2009

Yikes - DM spikes up 68% in one day! Who out there holds this?

Bryan
ge

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »

Tongue
I  did hold the portfolio V5 for six weeks, but the performances were so bad that i sold everything last wednesday.

Just to bad for me,

If we look at the stocks for the last 6 months in the v5 :

VEN:CA   2009-11-23   12.19   2009-12-14      -27.07 %
 Garda World Security Corp   GW:CA          -11.13 %
 Grande Cache Coal Corporation   GCE:CA   26.75 %
 Dragonwave Inc.   DWI:CA                      43.22 %
 Western Canadian Coal Corp   WTN:CA      6.91 %
 Teck Resources Limited   TCK.B:CA      -2.99 %
 Azure Dynamics Corporation   AZD:CA      5.26 %
 Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc.   ANP:CA   -3.68 %
 Cott Corporation   BCB:CA                      -14.41 %
 Breakwater Resources Ltd.   BWR:CA      -20 %
 Cyberplex Inc.   CX:CA                      -13.41 %
 Aastra Technologies Limited   AAH:CA      44.79 %

The average for the last 6 months is  -1.07 %
For  1 year it is : 13.85 %.

In the v4 now there is:

Duluth Metals Limited   43.2 %   DM:CA   

I miss this one but i will look very closely at the new orders:

Ultimate Price Momentum v4

Opération   Symbole    Nom
Acheter   III:CA    Imperial Metals Corp.
Acheter   JIN:CA    Jinshan Gold Mines Inc.
Acheter   BEN:CA    Berens Energy

Its hard to say, sometime they have pretty good choices like seems to be DM but also very bad ones like ven. sold at -27.07%.

May be there is an analitical technique to choose the best stocks and avoid the worst but i do not know it yet...

Anybody has a crystal ball here?

bryanmcn

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »

As with a lot of stocks, the ssp portfolios seem to do best right after a big drop.
They have an indicator that puts the portfolio in cash to avoid too many big drawdowns but volitility and risk is part of the payment for big returns. You might consider investing a smallest enough part of your portfolio so they a 30percent draw down wouldn't bother you.
Bryan
JohnMathew

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 06:03:18 AM »

Ya.. you have a very good package. i like your thoughts. I already taken service from Ninjapennystokcs.com. I will consider on it latter. If you need and help you are most welcomes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: