Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:03:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: superstockpicker's new pick: SMX  (Read 15967 times)
jeff

« on: June 02, 2007, 09:40:49 AM »

I like SMX,s long term chart. But the low volume is my concern. In case the stock price turnd down, nobody wanted it and i won't be able to sell, or i have to sell at big discount (bid spread in bid and ask), especially when i had a large amound of shares. Last Friday's volume was only 2520, multiple by $5 = $12600 dollars in value (I guess only one person bought it during the whole day trading session), and this at a time when the stock is rising, imagin when the the price is down.....

what's superstockpickers' expierence about low volume stocks? do you consider volume when picking stocks?

Jeff
LuckyWon

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 12:11:18 PM »

Hi Jeff,
Its also traded on the Nasdaq with the symbol SMTX, with an average volume of 127,935.
Cheers,
LW

jeff

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »

thanks
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:01:07 AM »

Hi Jeff,

Currently, only the Low PEG Ratio portfolio validates that the stocks have a volume of more than 50,000 a day (3 month average).

As far as the momentum portfolios are concerned, there is currently no volume check for the stocks picked. But, we are running in house versions of the portfolios with a 50,000 shares a day requirement. I would say that it currently looks pretty good and we may eventually add this extra filtering to the published portfolios.

It does not make a so big difference, it just filters out some stocks like SMX. It could be good in case of a stock that would not be traded in the US as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: