Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:52:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When the market timing is UP!  (Read 22878 times)
efraenkel

« on: March 27, 2012, 08:36:35 PM »

Hi.

Can you explain one thing to me.

When the timing is UP, the portfolio re-appear with open trades with purchase dates that are anterior to the STOP TRADE signal given by the Market Timing.

It is as if the portfolios never stopped trading or never reverted to cash.
So the stocks that are suddenly showing after the market turns, are already held? Their performance shown, date from when they were purcahsed way back when and not new purchases after the market timer says GO.

I don't understand why and how am I suppose to interpret this. If I held those stocks before the market signaled to sell, am I supposed to re-purchase them now?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:39:10 PM by efraenkel » Logged
garilou

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:43:20 PM »

Hi efraenkel
Yes, you are right, you should read carefully the explanations about the market timing.
http://www.superstockpicker.com/market-timing.php

The portfolios do not sell during a DOWN signal, they could even have taken new positions during the DOWN period, and sold others.
The MTI is only there to warn that the general market has become too negative and that SSP advises to stay at cash.
The SSP algorithms keep working as usual.
It is up to each investor to take the decision to sell and move to cash, or to keep their positions.
So "per se" the MTI is not a SELL order for each and all positions signal.

This is why each portfolio on the portfolio pages is presented twice. One that uses the MTI strategy, and the other one that represent the "normal" portfolio behavior.

The MTI was developed a few years ago when all the markets crashed and many were complaining of big losses.

efraenkel

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:00:46 PM »

I understand, thank you  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: