Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:06:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't find CXI:CA  (Read 20900 times)
garilou

« on: February 21, 2015, 07:00:25 PM »

Hi SSP,

Your last order letter says to buy CXI, Comnetix Inc.

But all I find about Comnetix Inc. is that it is a privately owned company

http://www.manta.com/ic/mtzm3y1/ca/comnetix-inc

(Used to have the ticker CXI (2006) :
http://business.highbeam.com/1758/article-1G1-147555773/comnetix-inc-expands-presence-western-us-contract-nevada )

I also found a CXI,CORSAIR EXPLORATION INC
http://www.tbsp.com/public/SYMBOLS/canadasysm.htm
doesn't seem to exist anymore either.

The only thing that I find under this ticker is
CXI Currency Exchange International, Corp.
The stock really has had a fantastic run!
Not sure if I would like to buy at such a high price, but you usually choose them after they already had a very big run up.
Is this what you mean?

Thank you.

Louise

Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »

Hello,

Sorry for the error, our tool had caught the wrong name for this symbol.
It will be corrected very soon.

We were indeed meaning Currency Exchange International, Corp.

See it here:
http://web.tmxmoney.com/quote.php?qm_symbol=CXI
garilou

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 10:40:13 PM »

Thank you for this rapid response!
The stock is VERY high. Up 120 % last 12 months!

I am afraid there will be some kind of correction before it reaches Portfolios 2 or 3.
But your system always pick stocks that have already gained a lot, and you succeed most of the time.

You have teach me "Buy high, sell still higher!"

And I just wanted to add that I was very sorry you (and all of us) for what happened to NRI two weeks ago! A few months ago, I had made a good profit on a short on this stock.

Bad lucks happen, and pharmaceutical are always risky, but rewards are often spectacular too.

Louise

Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 02:03:07 PM »

1. It appears that CXI was one of the first symbols traded by our system back in 2006. So, the stock was relisted since then and we had kept the former description in our database. It will be corrected on the site tonight.

2. These are Price Momentum portfolios. We look for Momentum and we follow the wave. That's why we always pick stocks that had a huge run in the months before.

3. Pharma stocks had always been tricky for our portfolios. They tend to plunge if they release bad test results, and our worst performers have always been pharma... As the trend does not break before those dips, our system can not exit before it's too late...
garilou

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »

We look for Momentum and we follow the wave. That's why we always pick stocks that had a huge run in the months before.
I have noticed, since the time I follow you, and I am often a little bit scared, but as I said somewhere else, you have thought to me that instead of trying to "big low sell high" , it is often more profitable to buy high and sell still higher.

Still I notice a change in the attitude of the investors, who are less momentum buyers as previously.

What I particularly like in your system, is that you do not try to "buy the dips" and increase loosing positions.

Thanks for the attention,

Louise

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: