Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:11:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nuclear Medicine corp with lab on UBC campus going IPO  (Read 11157 times)
doc1096

« on: May 24, 2009, 06:40:54 PM »

There is no economic recession in medicine. On the contrary, more and more money is being made even now. No matter what the markets do, health care is needed. No matter how the economy performs, medicine is financially doing well.

I can provide you with information about where to get in (invest) just before the IPO of a medicine/health care corp. I estimate I can make 400% or more rather quickly. This is a company with connections to the University of British Columbia. It's business is to engineer and operate facilities for Positron scans (called PET scans) for screening and diagnosis of cancer, I should also mention that PETscans are also used by cardiologists to diagnose certain aspects of heart disease.

With the aging population of gray Baby Boomers the cancer/heart disease industry is in a state of strong growth these days.  The whole PETscan business is booming and  the experts think it will remain that way until the last of the  Boomers (1945 - 1965) finally die off. If you calculate 70 year spans, that means PETscanning will remain a money-maker until 2035 or so.

Having said that, it's surprinsing that Canada doesn't have PETscans. By contrast in the USA more than 500 PETscan facilities exist, and there are hundreds in Europe too. But Canada only has a dozen "research" PET scanners, usually on campuses. Now mind you, a certain number of patients per year do indeed get scans at such facilities - but that's a tiny fraction of the people who need scans, and WORSE each patient has to satisfy criteria about what ailment or body part is being researched or else they won't get the scan. For example, if you are suspected of having liver cancer but the PETscan centre at your closest university is researching brain cancer this year, you are out of luck.

The company that's about to go public, the one I'm talking about, is about to change all that.

If you're interested I can tell you where to get the stock at about 75 cents. It normally sells for $1.50 but they are doing a last minute fund raiser.

It looks like a killer good IPO, with plenty of upside both in the short term and the long term. (I think six months = 400% roi or so)

They are only selling shares locally though, to Canadians living in BC or AB, and you have to be accredited. There's a minimum too. But if you can satisfy those criteria you can get in on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: