Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:34:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Stock Picker and other markets  (Read 20164 times)
Tom Swift

« on: March 02, 2007, 06:56:02 AM »

So far I am quite happy with this site and its performance. I was wondering if there are similar sites that have the same success rate for different markets, like in the US or Europe or Asia? In the same vein, has Super Stock Picker thought about running this site with different markets or starting new sites with their software analyzing US or other foreign markets?
Nikos

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:18:50 AM »

I totally agree Smiley

You could use the best performing portofolio (V4) methodology and do
1) a test protofolio with US stocks
2) another with EU stocks

it would be great to confirm the quality of your soft on those mkts

What say you ?
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:42:13 PM »

Hi guys,

Indeed, that's a good idea we had in the back of our mind for a while.

But, the way our software is currently written, it would need some time to code the new parsers to get the info about those markets (considering we could find the info we need at the first place) and then, we could run those tests.

The first step to go in that direction would be to handle the CNDX (Vancouver Exchange) as the info we need are in the same database as the one we use for the TSX...

That is definitively one of the improvements we could implement in the future.
amano

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:00:31 AM »

I would definitely support the CDNX market!  It has become more active than before, and to make this site fully cover the Canadian market.
stocks

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 03:46:52 AM »

i am almost 100% in ventures [cndx] and would welcome your efforts there ... new here and good luck to all ... stocks
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:35:37 PM »

Hello,

In a first step to support other markets on top of the Toronto Stock Exchange, we have made some modifications to the way we handle the stock tickers.

The market is also identified along the stock ticker. For now, it is of course only .TO that have been added to all our stocks, but this way, we would be able to differentiate new markets in the future.

For our users, the main difference is in the way the "charts, quotes, news" box works as you have to add the market suffix to the stock symbol. If not, you will end up with an American stock.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: