Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:46:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to stocks trading  (Read 15382 times)
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« on: May 31, 2007, 04:44:33 PM »

1. I am a canadian citizen/resident & have never traded stocks. How would one classify the gains/losses as Capital or Income?

2. As I wish to start a portfolio, which one would you suggest if one wanted to hold for 1-3 or more months.

3. How does one go about picking stocks from your recommendations ie. how would one start building a portfolio.

4. Who is the best/cheapest broker for online trading?

Thanks.

NAZ
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:46:45 PM »

Hello,

I will try to answer to your questions:

1- Stock trading will be classified as capital income as long as Revenue Canada do not think you do this for a living.

2- Not easy to tell you which one you should pick as it depends on your investor profile. Some portfolios have higher gains expectation but also come with some big draw downs at some times...
Also 1-3 months is a relatively short period to follow our recommendations. We do pretty well on the long term, but we also had experienced bad 3 month periods in the past.

3- Here is the link to the thread that explains the two different ways to start following one of our portfolios:
http://www.superstockpicker.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.msg8#msg8

4- We are sorry, but we do not recommend any broker. Other members can give you their own opinion and experience with their brokers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: