Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:12:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stocks in a Portfolio  (Read 17964 times)
metro

« on: August 05, 2008, 11:42:41 AM »

Hi SSP,

quick question, are the portfolios set up to not hold any stocks at a given time or does there always need to be one?

I am surprised WTN hasnt set off the sell trigger yet.
garilou

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »

quick question, are the portfolios set up to not hold any stocks at a given time or does there always need to be one?

As far as I understand the system, since the triggers are set for each stock individually, I guess there is no reason that a portfolio could not be empty at a given time.
I wonder what Super Stocker Picker would answer that question,

When a sell order arrives, I always look if it would not be a good signal for a short: I did a lot of profit when I  shorted INM when a sell order arrived for that stock!

I am surprised WTN hasnt set off the sell trigger yet.

I guess you are not the only one.  Huh
This sort of interrogation has come out a few times for other stocks. The thing is that we do not know the secret recipe that triggers buys and sells.   
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 11:33:02 PM »

Hello,

Regarding the Price Momentum portfolios, the Weekly and Monthly versions have hardcoded limits so that there will always be between 3 and 10 stocks on hold at anytime.

Then, the Ultimate Price Momentum series portfolios need a stock to be in the Weekly for a certain number of weeks so if the Weekly fully refresh every week, all the other ones would be empty.

That's enough theory. Practically, I think I remember once when the Ultimate v4 and v5 have been empty for a week or two.
And the only reason why WTN has not been sold yet is because the stock is still meeting our criteria for those portfolios, nothing else.
garilou

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 11:56:35 PM »

You were fast SSP  Wink

I wanted to add that in topic:
Statistics about our portfolios performances
http://www.superstockpicker.com/forum/index.php?topic=28.0

We can see (at the very end) that effectively Ultimate Price Momentum v5 updated weekly was at least once totally empty.

On the other hand, the Portfolio: Low PEG Ratio updated monthly had once a maximum number of stocks on hold of 16!!!
This is a lot!

If I ever had so many stocks in my portfolio, I'd be happy that someone would monitor it for me
  Cheesy
In the moment. I have in my accounts 1 US stock, 2 CAN stock, 2 US shorts, 1 CAN short, and  I have my hands full! 

Louise

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: