Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:01:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Investment Reporter - Publication  (Read 21185 times)
Harami

« on: September 08, 2006, 07:35:10 PM »

The "Investment Reporter" is a weekly publication from MPL communications, in Toronto.  They have a list of key stocks (Canadian and some American) which they feel will perform well.  They have each of their stock picks rated as conservative, higher risk etc. as well as detailed information on three of four companies each week.

I am thinking about subscribing to this paper, and was wondering if others have any information to offer regarding the value of this publication.
denaliguide2

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 12:01:03 AM »

Well before I put any money down for any publication, I would want to know the criteria they use to assess suitability, risk, and potential return.  Myself have not heard of them. 
   What I did not see in your post, is whether the service has a fundamental basis, a technical approach, a pyschological angle, or a combination approach.
  I like them to show me how they do it before I pay for it.  Other than that, it seems like the old robber barons saying it was : "... Like buying cows by candlelight...."

Good Luck to all

DG2
Harami

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

The “Investment Reporter” uses fundamental analysis, and they do explain in detail how they arrive at their various conclusions.  Their publicaton apparently has a large circulaton and is growing steadily. 
   I was hoping some of your readers would be familiar with this paper and give their personal opinions.
   Thanks for your imput, denaliguide2.  I will wait until daybreak before buying any livestock.
denaliguide2

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:54:22 AM »

Excellent.  So far, from what I have been able to read in mags I have seen online and at Chapters, I like "Canadian Money Saver", which has a column by Rothery Report, www.stingyinvestor.ca [love that], and he talks about SPP' & DRIPs.  He has 5 co's I like for them:  Agnico Eagle Mining, Manulife, TransAlta, Imperial Oil, and  Canadian General Investment.  All have SPP's & DRIPs, and the five of them might make a decent balanced portfolio for a beginner....

Good Luck to All.

DG2
jackiegl

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 05:14:54 PM »

It certainly looks like if
  www.stingyinvestor.ca
is dead.

Thanks,
Jacqueline
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: