Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:33:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where do you think the TSX will be in 3 months?  (Voting closed: August 29, 2008, 01:45:09 AM)
Up between 5 and 10% - 0 (0%)
Up between 0 and 5% - 0 (0%)
Down between 0 and 5% - 1 (16.7%)
Down between 5 and 10% - 3 (50%)
Up and down around 13250 - 0 (0%)
I wish I knew! - 2 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX predictions  (Read 49640 times)
bryanmcn

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »

The latter
I don't follow SSP's allocation rules. Much to risky a strategy for me. I hold less shares of picks with more volatility and try to predict their next moves using T.A. Not easy in these crazy markets!

I can't figure out why the SSP algorithm would indicate a sell for FSY. HYG I can see but why sell a stock with such obvious strong upward
momentum?

Bryan
garilou

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 05:35:46 PM »

He Bryan, still trying to second guess SSP?

I don't follow SSP's allocation rules. <=snip=> I ... try to predict their next moves using T.A.

That is your choice, but SSP's automated decisions provide buy/sell orders for those who do follow them!
And the more I study it, the more it seems to make sense.

(Which does not mean that I shall never be tempted to do exactly like you)

I can't figure out why the SSP algorithm would indicate a sell for FSY. <=snip=> why sell a stock with such obvious strong upward!

I guess SSP should answer to that!

At first sight, I would tend to agree with you, but remember this is in the weekly momentum!

On the short term (few days), it might still go up, but on a weekly basis, (see attached graph), it shows big signs of being overbought! If it to go up for another few days, you might see a big profit taking!

This seems the only explanation for me, because we've seen other SSP stocks go down a lot before they received a sell order!

But the Price Momentum Weekly is as to say "the first on the line", for new stocks.
If SSP finds more promising stocks in its "secret recipe", they might want take their profit, maybe ahead of those who look their T.A.s on a daily basis and in the same move, make room for the new stocks, for those who do follow the allocations rules: remember: the portfolio should theoretically always be fully invested, and it's a "closed start capital". Even if it was not, not everyone is rich enough to buy and hold every stock.

Maybe in a few days, it will be my turn to be sarcastic with you Wink .

You can read in their study (page 2)

What is clear after this study is that if you want to copy the orders of one of our portfolios, then do not choose the Price Momentum Weekly, it is now obsolete

SSP, does this make sense?

Louise

* FSY 19 sept 2008.png (8.61 KB, 594x605 - viewed 3467 times.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: