Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:41:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FFH on TSE or NYSE??  (Read 16494 times)
LuckyWon

« on: November 17, 2008, 12:31:47 PM »

Hi all,

I know that the new trend indicator from SSP is RED, so I am being cautious about picking up FFH right now.

FFH is traded on both the NYSE and the TSE.  Comparing both these charts for FFH, I noticed that the TSE chart is not showing as much of a loss since Oct 1st, as compared to the NYSE.

Now since we are looking for an uptrend I would be inclinde to purchase FFH on NYSE rather than the TSE.  Hoping that it would make up for the gains compared to on the TSE.

Just curoiuos what others are doing.
Any thoughts...

Luckwon
DCA

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »

Keep in mind that the NYSE is in US $ and since the Canadian $ has dropped recently all Canadian stocks so a greater loss on the american exchanges than on the TSE.

By buying on the US exchange you will be betting on changes of both the underlying stock and the exchange rate.

D
LuckyWon

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:23:03 PM »

Ahh yes, thanks for reality check.

I had to work through the numbers, and they do work out.  Proper math usally works out better than my logic.  Grin

Not used to seeing such a huge difference in returns between US and CAD exchange stocks in such a short period of time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: