Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:20:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Band List. Message directed mostly to MTnews  (Read 14622 times)
garilou

« on: September 28, 2008, 01:13:00 AM »

Here is a copy of an email that I just sent to the SEC.

Sure MTnews should know the answer.

MTNews, I know you never care to answer, but please do it this time: you are the one who should know at best, since you care ONLY about American markets: You keep posting your daily reports on a Canadian Stocks Forum, you talk about at least 3 Footsies, the CAC, the BEL, the NIKKEI, and do not seem to a realized that there is something  called TSX!

My email:
============================
Hi,

I would like to know where I could find an up-do-date list of all Companies that have been put on the Short Band list.

The only reference that I had was on my trading Web Site:
http://www.sec.gov/rules/other/2008/34-58592.pdf

But before shorting a stock, I consulted that list, and did not find the security I wanted to short.
Still when I tried to do the transaction, it was refused by my broker.

They then called me to explain why it was refused, (that's service!) but when I referred to that list, the person could not tell me where he had found the information, he referred to some email he would have received, but suddenly he could not find it anymore.

Would it be not your job to update that list regularly?

More specifically, I would like to find out if Moodies is on that list!

Thanks,

LG.

PS. I do not think this was a bright idea! If I owned a stock more or less close to financial, I would certainly go to that list, and sell my open position immediately! I doubt shorters are creating a "selling pressure" on those stock, to the contrary: when they cover, they create a "buying pressure"

===============
Would anyone be interested to know if I got a reply?

Louise   

bryanmcn

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 01:41:30 PM »

Love to hear any reply you get.
garilou

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »

I doubt I'll ever receive one.
They are probably to busy Wink

But who never tries....

On their site, they still have the "old"list from Sept. 17.
MTnews should know best though...

garilou

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:19:31 PM »

Hey, Bryan, you had said you'ld like to hear?

Sometimes we say:"It's never too late".

I think this was a calculated too late reply , but I juts did received this reply from the SEC:

Dear Ms.  ...garilou:

Thank you for contacting the SEC.

The original list is available on the SEC website (http://www.sec.gov/rules/other/2008/34-58592.pdf).  However, the lists were subsequently turned over to the exchanges and services.  The updated lists were available on the websites of the various exchanges and services.  However, as you may know, this rule expired on October 8, 2008, at 11:59 p.m., with the enactment of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (H.R. 1424).  See http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2008/2008-238.htm008/2008-238.htm

Leslie M. Garner

Attorney

Office of Investor Education and Advocacy
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

I had since then found a much more up-to-date .xls.file with the ever increasing amount of companies on the short-sell ban list!

And since the ban was  lifted, I DO short them!

Louise
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: