Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:51:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GCE Grande Cache Coal - no debts, PE less of 1, cash!  (Read 17240 times)
tsxtrader

« on: March 10, 2009, 01:22:27 PM »

Hello any fan of GCE here?
Grande Cache Coal?
I was waiting a rebound of wallstreet to enter and today can be the right day
for what i know, it trade below the cash! with no debts and PE less of 1!
http://cxa.marketwatch.com/tsx/en/market/quote.aspx?symbol=gce
market cap is 62 millions of CAD
net income of last quarter is 35.... (theorically a pe of 0.50!)
last 4 quarters net income is 87 million CAD!!! less of pe of 1 as I said
debts? a lot of debts!!!! Noooo zero debts!
Only cash... how much? 87 millions of CAD!!!!

in few words it's free this stock, a take over at 3/3.50 near the average at 1 year?

I can't believe in such good financials, i wait some reasons that tell me the contrary. thanks

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:55:54 PM by tsxtrader » Logged
garilou

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:08:01 PM »

Hi tsxtrader,

You might be right, but I personably wouldn't spend too much time of research on this one, simply because I would never invest in coal mining. It's a matter of ethical choice.
The same as I won't invest in arms, a sector that is doing great these days.
They say "When you buy, you vote".

Good luck if you make a different choice.

Louise
tsxtrader

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:27:28 AM »

no thank you is very important your message sense!

thanks for now to you too

do you know some stocks similar to GCE with so great and cheap ratios?
garilou

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 03:44:17 AM »

Hi Tara, Hi tsxtrader

First to tsxtrader:

I am sorry I did not come back sooner.
I had forgotten to select to be noticed if there was a reply.

If I find something "so great and cheap", I'll tell you, but why don't you give a look at some of the stocks that Tara has analyzed in this forum?

Because on the market, it is very difficult to find what they call "Hidden gems".
Most of the time, if a stock looks too nice to be true... it IS too nice to be true: there is a danger somewhere...
And when the stock starts to move like it did in the past few days... it means either that someone knows something that we do not, or it is carried by a general trend

And Tara,

Not changing my mind about ethical investing, I must tell you that I really admire the way you do your research and present your analysis.
I usually do my research pretty well, but certainly not in such a disciplined manner as you do, although I try.
But the way you present it! Simply amazing.
The only thing that I miss (and that we find more and more in stock reports), are the TA perspectives, to which you seem to attach no importance.

Others also do those fundamental researches, and most of the time, what is known to the public is already priced in.

BTW, 3 analysts  give CGE a buy with  an average of 1.67$ 1 year target!
Well... I do not trust those analysts too much, and I  would trust you more I think.
A few funds have made new buys in August and September 08, and although the stock went down a lot since then, funds tend to hold! This is bad for shorters, but good for buyers.
But for sure, what they hold is minimal in percentage of their total holdings.

I do not know if you only kept an eye on it or did jumped in: it had pretty interesting advance today.
Technically, CGE seems to have some momentum and could still move up a little bit.
What we have seen in the past days could be a "straw fire" like the stock experienced in the first days of January.

Anyway Sara, I still keep an eye on the stocks that you have proposed.
I have a special folder for them  Wink .
I am too busy in the moment with shorts that I must keep a vigilant eye on, with those see-saw markets.

One never win on all trades, but I am sure you are doing pretty well.
Penny stocks are often a good refuge during bear markets.

Good luck to both of you, although I should not say "good luck": weather long or short, working in the stock markets those days is a almost full time job!

Louise   

dw

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:55 PM »

Nice Pick............
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: