Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:01:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insider Trading Question  (Read 17411 times)
Conor

« on: November 14, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »

as I read about stock market analysis, the subject often comes up about seeing a lot of "insider trader" or "insider buying" as an indicator that a stock might be undervalued, or something is going to happen...

how do you tell this is going on?
Or, in otherwords... how do you know whether trade volume in a given day is "insider" or just simply public trading activity?

which of course begs the question - if there is a lot of "insider trading activity" - how do you know if these "insiders" are buying, or selling?

Thanks for any insight,
Conor
bryanmcn

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »

Conor
It is my understanding that any buying and / or selling by senior exes must be fully disclosed. Only small penny stocks trading on the OTC are excempt.
You can sometimes see illegal insider buying on a chart. It sometimes occurs a few days or weeks before a major news anouncement and shows up as a "blip" or a temporary bump up in the stock price with slightly higher than normal volume.
Bryan
Conor

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:00:31 PM »

thanks a lot for the info..
it provides some perfect insight to insiders  Grin

I thought when I originally asked, that this seemed an important bit of info to have, when researching / deciding on companies to invest in. Those links make it all the easier!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: