Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:16:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing strategy  (Read 18749 times)
bryanmcn

« on: May 30, 2007, 06:38:32 PM »

I'm going to slowing transition over to the PEG portfolio from the Momentum portfolio. Although the PEG records poorer performance, it is becoming clear that duplicating the momentums performance will require more guts and testicles than I have. The Volitility of the PEG is less, the success rate is higher, the diversity is greater (and thus the risk of large losses) and it holds stocks for longer periods which means less maintenance.
Looking at each of the present 13 holdings on a six month chart I have the following to suggest based on TA:

Sell or don't buy yet:
CG
QUA
RCS
ELD
OTC
Watch carefully to buy:
GIL
IMN
HBM
MRE
Buy now:
LIM
OIL
PAE
RRZ
 Comments?
jeff

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:51:16 PM »

personally i like momentum play better, based on the believing that "the strong will get stronger". I think I got most of superstockpicker's rallying stocks since i discovered and joint superstockpicker. (the one i really missed is ABT. I almost bought it at around $17, $18 dollars, but somehow i hesitated a little bit and missed it.) But when i see a good stock in other portfolios i will buy as well.

within the list, I own OIL and PAE. And i am close watching RRZ and will buy it IF it could close above $9.20.  I see $9.20 area as a resistance and want to make sure that RRZ could pass this resistance. then it is a free to go.....

jeff

burd

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 12:28:33 AM »

Hi bryanmcn,

I would wait until the 15th of June to see what orders the low PEG generates. Probably a few stocks will be sold and some new stocks added. Maybe you should buy PAE for now because it is in the low PEG and the momentum. I am also working on owning all the low PEG stocks, I am only going to by new orders and I started last November so I missed LIM and IMN. hopfully the low Peg continues to do well Wink

Burd
jeff

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:42:40 AM »

just bought RRZ at 9.32.

out of your 4 "buy now" stocks I own 3: OIL, PAE, RRZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: