Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:01:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IEX.TO  (Read 37047 times)
tester101

« on: February 23, 2007, 07:07:45 PM »

Do you think the system is not working for IEX.TO?  Is it wise to sell it now before I lose more money on this one?

Please share your comment.  Thanks!!!
bryanmcn

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 10:03:15 PM »

I set a stop for IEX at $1.38 and it was triggered on Feb 15th. I hate not owning stocks in the portfolio though so I'll look for signs of a reversal and buy back if the portfolio keeps it.
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 01:46:47 AM »

Hello,

I would like to publish here another discussion about the same subject:

"
Do you issue a sell order, when a stock drops to much, based on a stop loss?

I'm quite concerned about the IEX position - I would have sold it a long time ago, based on charts and the moneyloss...

jrm
"
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 01:47:52 AM »

No, our portfolios are driven by criteria that stocks should meet to be selected. As long as the criteria are met, the stock is not sold. A drop in price is not a criterion we currently use.

Stop loss usage has already been discussed on our forum. You are welcome to join the discussion if you want to: http://www.superstockpicker.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

On our side, we do not recommend to use stop loss orders as we do not have completed the back testing of this strategy and then, we are unable to tell if this practice can regularly add value to our portfolios.
burd

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 04:16:24 AM »

To tester101,

The stock picker works fine. You are only going have about 60% winners and 40% losers. you have to understand that these stocks are very risky and volitile. Over the long run you will have more winners than loosers but you have to put your emotions aside. I also hold IEX and will continue to hold until the stock picker sells. You may want to try a stop loss to limit the large loosers. Be patient and you will have some big winners.

Burd

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:38:34 AM by burd » Logged
tester101

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »

So after the new company, there's nothing worth left in IEX.TO?  The price is dropping alot today!!!

================

http://www.inexpharm.com/Investor_Relations/News_Releases/inex02260701.asp

Highlights of the spin-out include transferring to Tekmira:

All of INEX’s pharmaceutical assets including all intellectual property and product rights;
All of INEX’s cash;
INEX’s pharmaceutical partnerships with Hana Biosciences, Inc., Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Aradigm Corporation and Esperion Therapeutics, Inc., a division of Pfizer Inc.

========
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »

Don't worry, the new company shares are to be distributed to the current INEX share holders.

From the same news:
All of the Tekmira shares will be distributed to INEX common shareholders and INEX’s current management team and employees will join Tekmira in the same positions they occupy in INEX. Concurrent with the spin-out of Tekmira, INEX will consolidate its commons shares on the basis of two current common shares for one new common share.
tester101

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 05:05:48 PM »

But what's the last date to hold IEX.to in order to be qualified to have the new company's share?  I believe there should be a last date to buy IEX.TO.  I bought mine last week I believe.
bryanmcn

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 09:00:45 PM »

IEX looks like a clasic head and shoulders pattern for all those TA people out there. And the next support is around 70cents. Hope it turns but thats a long way down!
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 11:00:37 PM »

To tester101,

It is said in the news that they are "working to close the spin-out of Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation (“Tekmira”) on March 31, 2007".

So, my guess is that INEX will be traded until this date, and that any share bought before that date will be converted into the new ones. I don't expect some shares being left aside...
tester101

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 04:01:09 PM »

1.05 and keep going down...
Nikos

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 06:56:58 AM »

Hi There,

Does anyone know (through simulations if it's a computer) if / at what price the Stock Picker would get out of this stock ?

I know you are not using "stop losses" but my question isn't about stop loss.
I would just like to know if someone has run some simulations on this stock ...

Thx

Nikos
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 07:30:39 PM »

Hello Nikos,

No, the Super Stock Picker software has no way to predict an exit price or condition...

What happens is that every time stocks are assessed to check which ones are eligible for a Momentum portfolio, the pattern looked for is relative to the other stocks.

That would mean that we could buy (or hold) a stock that has started going down if it is still one of the best ones as measured by our software. And the other way, we could sell a stock that is still going higher if we think that better opportunities available.

And this is really different from other trading systems you may be more familiar with. They usually come up with an entry and exit point and a target performance.

We do it another way, and our results are also quite different :-)

Do not forget, remove all emotions and repeat time after time the same picking method is the key... IEX.TO is back at 1.15 today...
AndyDufraine

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 01:22:07 PM »

Nikos if you are going to use stop losses you have to be nimble and they don't always work as you noticed markets can often open 200 points to the down side and then turn around wich will stop you out and then retrace above your sell point. If your interested in TA an old proven system from WYCOFF was to sell breakouts and buy retracements.  That would indicate that IEX is a buy today IMHO after retracing 50% of its last move up! Good Luck to all!
Nikos

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 05:07:56 AM »

Hi Guys,

Thx for your replies.

I used to work with stop losses but then changed my mind for the reasons you mentionned.

I'll hold to iex.to then. I'm not too emotional about it. Plus, since I started following some of your portofolios, my net gain in +/-3 months is surely in the green.

and like Andy, I also plan to buy some more once TA permits it (for me: a close above 1.2$ would do it, and we're almost there)

I'm a bit more pressured with some call options I have on AMKR Smiley

BTW: it's nice to keep this forum alive and even increase posting, and maybe who knows, one day it'll become like 3SOF Smiley

Cheers,

Nikos
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: