Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:23:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heg.to coal  (Read 44686 times)
jackerss

« on: August 22, 2009, 07:46:19 AM »

heg.to in coal good volume 21.08.09 0.10 good prix .........
jackerss

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »

heg.to good volume 24 08 09 go
jackerss

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 06:27:18 PM »

good 26.08 09       o.11   go  go  go
garilou

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 02:59:39 AM »

Yes, HEG seems to start have a good momentum, like lots of coal stocks: the coal industry is trying to convince the world that it too can be green.
The technology exists, I guess it will be implanted in "developed countries" who have started to look for alternative energy, but I doubt it will be implemented in African countries.
At least one important mid-cap fund bought a big position, good sign.

I guess I should reply in French to you.

Suite en français à
http://www.superstockpicker.com/forum/index.php?topic=1510.0

Louise

garilou

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 01:29:01 PM »

Hi Tara,

If I asked you to look at this stock, it was mainly for jackerss.

But thanks anyway, I always appreciate the way you make and present your research, specially, in this case, so rapidly!

I was not suggesting in anyway that you could buy the stock, I thought you could help jackerss and I guess you did, and me too, although I doubt I would have bought it (for ethic reasons, I do not buy coal stocks, when possible, I short them)

Thanks again,

Louise

jackerss

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 03:55:29 PM »

excuse me  mais sa regarde bien  pour o.22  merci
garilou

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 05:32:31 PM »

Oui ça "regarde bien"!
Aujourd'hui + 15%, et sur un bon volume!
Mais on n'est encore loin de 0.22.
Ça serait  ~ 122% depuis la dernière fois qu'on s'en est parlé.

Dommage que je n'investisse pas dans le charbon.
Les titres de SSP contiennent pas mal de charbon aussi ces temps-ci: ça me cause des maux de tête, ou des conflits entre mes principes et la tentation.

Bonne trouvaille quand même!
Bonne chance!

Louise

Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »

Louise, jackerss,

Remember that you're in the English section of the forum.

If you want to continue your discussion in French, you're more than welcome in the French section.

Thank you.
garilou

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 03:26:12 AM »

Hum, SSP!

I guess you will want to read my reply in the French Forum, because we are getting somewhat off topic.
http://www.superstockpicker.com/forum/index.php?topic=1651.new#new

Louise
jackerss

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »

ok 0.12 good
tasamy

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »

Homeland Energy Group (HEG.V)

<b><u>The metrics of interest for me</b></u>

- Working cap =  - 16.8M$ (-0.06$/share)
- Book value = - 52.7M$ (-0.19$/share )
- Severely Free Cash Flow negative
- No long term debt however
- Negative EPS (no revenues, just expenses and dreams)
- about 275M shares outstanding, presenting severe consolidation risk due to free cash flow profile and financing need

I will not dig further, this stock does not meet any of the accounting metrics I look for, nor do I see a near term fundamental accounting scenario turning positive, in a sufficient quantity to lure me into taking a risk. I could go on and on, but the above should be sufficient to explain my resentment to commit any money to this highly speculative play. Louise, I take risks on penny stocks, but I don’t play Russian roulette. I wish you guys well and hope the promoters and stock price gyrations make you guys money. But I’m not a technical analysis investor, or trading volume trader….I’m a fundamentalist at heart. I look for a safer portrait on low priced penny stocks.

Yes Alphinat has a small liabilities gap, a manageable gap that insiders have proven they can subside by themselves. But a 17M$ gash is more than a chunk of change. And Coal is not the easiest sell for people to swallow, in terms of the greehouse effect, so you are swimming against the tide there as well.

Thanks for bringing it up and good luck in your investment. However, you should take a moment to digest the going concern note and understand the magnitude of the short term liabilities gap:

“At June 30, 2009, the Company had cash and cash equivalents of $4,648,967 and a working capital deficit of $16,803,305. The Company does not have sufficient funds available to pay its trade payables and debt obligations due under the Nedbank Limited (‘Nedbank”) facility (see note 12(a)) at June 30, 2009. The Company is currently in default of its loan with Nedbank and as a result the entire loan has been classified as a current liability, which has resulted in the large working capital deficit position. The Company has and continues to be in a period of high capital costs, while it experiences commissioning issues with respect to the recent plant modifications. The Company has negotiated agreements with various suppliers and contractors on extending normal creditor payment terms and is working with Nedbank on delaying the repayment of its debt facility. The Company is currently considering various financing options in order to bring the loan back into good standing.”

Hi Tara,
         How did you get the above info? Which site?
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »

Hi guys,

You can also have access to a ton of financial information here on this site.

Follow this link: http://www.superstockpicker.com/quotes.php?qm_symbol=RIM:CA

or type the ticker in the box above the navigation bar at the top of this page RIM:CA

(For Internet Explorer users, you have to enter the ticker twice as the first access to the page is buggy and brings DELL information instead)

Then, click on "financials" in the navigation bar available on this page and you have access to balance sheet, income statement and cash flows for the last 5 years.
alhigou

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 09:29:03 AM »

Technically, HEG.TO has been showing support around $0.09 and resistance in the $0.11 range. It is upgraded to buy, an upward move is expected.
Check here:
'http://canada.stoxline.com/q_ca.php?s=heg.to'
garilou

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 04:45:16 PM »

Hi alhigou
You write:
It is upgraded to buy, an upward move is expected.
I did not know the site to which you sent us with the link.

But I can't see anything like a upgrades to buy. Since I do not know how the site evaluated the stock before.
I see a 3 blue stars that seems to mean "Neutral".
I read:
"This stock is BEARISH in short-term; and BEARISH in mid-long term."
And:
"The bands have been in this narrow range for 6 bars. This is a sign that the market may be about to initiate a new trend."

A new trend? Might be in the other direction.

"Targets:Six months: 0.12     One year: 0.14"
Says who? I see no analyst upgrade.
Do I miss something?
Does this target come from an interpretation of the fundamentals and of the TA?

So more facts would be useful:
Like:
Fundamental:
 No audited financial reports.
Technical:
1. This site gives a different interpretation as all others.
2. The volumes have only be decreasing in the past week.
Others
  Insiders have only sold during the past year. The buys that one can see have been buys at 0.00$ !!!

If you want to bring us positive info, and not just promote the stock, please do "due diligence" a little bit more seriously.
Just look at Sara's analysis some posts lower.

For me (but I do not buy coal producers, I short them whenever I can), this stock would be "Hold and cross your fingers"  Wink.
Not that I know better, penny stocks are like that, but I see nothing solid to make projections for the next 6 or 12 months.

Jack started this thread with big hopes.
Do you still hold, Jack?

Louise
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: