Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:20:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Market Movements  (Read 62044 times)
jeff

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 09:36:10 AM »

Hi Bryan:

thanks for sharing and I wish you good luck!

personally I followed the market timing and cleared all my positions.

Jeff
garilou

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 11:36:16 PM »

Funny quote:
Jeffrey Saut, chief investment strategist at Raymond James, sums it up with this Mark Twain quote: "October. This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. Others are November, December, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, and September."

But overall volumes show that investors are somewhat scary.
I still did not sell my 3 US stocks today, they all went up  between 1.5% and 4.5%
I guess some people were doing some "bottom fishing"... but those increases were not enough to make up for my losses  Sad
Hope they will hold, because in my mind, I had caught them just at the right moment, ( I thought), and they looked good both as to the TA timing, and as to their fundamentals.

Jeff, still holding on RIM? The price went slightly down, but the volume seems to increase, especially on the US side.

worldraft

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 01:12:31 AM »

A few days ago I bought some RIM to add to my already holding of RIM, and it's down about a buck since but the volume is up slightly and I think it will start to go up this week sometime, will see what happens but I sure it will be up to $90 by the end of this year. Grin

Jean 
garilou

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »

Sorry Jean, I think I called you Jeff a few posts ago.
I agree that RIM will gain back a good part of what it has lost.
New analysts just upgraded RIM again, but their targets (in USD) are lower as your own hope: $90.00.
This was app. the price when the stock took its plunge, and I fear that this will become a resistance, and that people who bought the stock just after will be happy to cash their gain just beneath this level or even before.
I do not mean that it will NEVER break that resistance... but it might be hard.

When they brought their results on September 24th, they hinted to still worst results for the next quarter. This might well be a strategy in order to bring a positive surprise then...
Still, I wish that you recuperate a good part of what you lost recently.
Louise

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 01:07:42 PM by garilou » Logged
worldraft

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 08:24:01 PM »

Thanks Louise well I see what happens next and I'm banking it's a stratagie, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ well we'll see
Jean
bryanmcn

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 06:42:15 AM »

Oct 18, 2009

The markets have continued their bull run with the $DJIA and the SPY breaking into one year highs. Are we all makng gobs of money?

I have been long on a lot of positions since late September. Some picks that have done well that I continue to hold are;
IMN.to
HJU.to (Thank you Victor)
AW/un.to (Thank you Louis and the Cheddar Bacon Uncle Burger)
QUA.to (Actualy bought more of this yesterday)
CNH.to
TH.to
SPB.to
JAZ/un.to (Bought for the Div but its running so ...cool!)
and CR.to

The TSX is actually in the middle of its Bollinger bands so it still has room to climb but the $DJIA and the SPY are pushing the top bands so they'll probably pull back in the next few days with the TSX following.

Jean are you still holding RIM? If so ...WHY?

Keep your stops tight!

Bryan
garilou

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »

Bryan, I knew you had a crystal ball, I knew it! Cheesy
You wrote this post 2 days in advance!
But I love this kind of "thank you" post.
I would have liked to thank you (for past recommendations) and Victor for 2 new ones, but they did not do too well today, October 16, 2009!
Hard to make choices for a CELI (sorry SSP, that's French) where one can't contribute more than 5000$ for 2009.
But I am pretty confident for the future.
And I am getting somewhat limited with the TSX, because I try to go with my ethical views: so now I have to wait till some of the polluters are ready to be shorted...
And in the moment I am more "juggling" with my US portfolio: I had to make room to have the margin for my... RIM short (and one or 2 others I am keeping an eye on).
But this with AW.UN and the Cheddar Bacon Uncle Burger, it just took me off my shoes! This one had been going sideways for so long!
We'll get a little extra dividend this month, not going to say no.

And Jean, sorry it was too late to tell you, but I got short on RIM yesterday at the end of the afternoon... Not for too long, because Bryan with his crystal ball, seems to think we are still for a while in a bull market, and people like you could play "bottom fishing" again.
But if you are still long, I'll ask you like Brian: "Why?" and I'll ask you at what level you have set your stop... I could thank you for that eventually  Wink

Let's rest for the week end at last!

Louise (Bryan, not Louis, thank you)
bryanmcn

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 09:19:58 PM »

Oops
I put the wrong date on that post. Should have read Oct 16th.
Bryan
bryanmcn

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »

Oct 21, 2009
Check this out;

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$INDU&p=D&yr=0&mn=3&dy=0&id=p38505156141

The pattern indicates a deline to the 9850 mark is probable.
Keep your stops tight!!!!
Bryan
garilou

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 03:56:23 AM »

Yes!
What a single analyst can make! (this is the official version, but we were due for a correction).
Let's short  Wink

Louise
worldraft

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 01:24:02 AM »

Being November, and we've seen a bit of a readjustment and now let see if were going to get a bit of the real stuff.

Jean
bryanmcn

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 12:02:21 PM »

Nov 14, 2009
Jean
The recent triple top and lower low on the chart of the TSX would indicate a short term retracement to below 10,800 is a possibility.
Then why am I long?
With all the shakeouts that have occurred lately, I think I will wait for a confirmation of the down trend.
Bryan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: