Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:35:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP  (Read 24591 times)
akis

« on: August 27, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »

HELP I need help I am a day trader I work from home I buy and sell stock the Canadian federal income tax is auditing me, the federal does not accept that I am a daytrading is (personal) they want me to declare it as a business did anyone have the same problem? please help me and tell me what to do. I thank you all in advance Huh Huh Cry
DCA

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »

I have had the same problem.  I would suggest a good tax lawyer.  The other alternative is to get out your cheque book for the government.  If, as your posting would seem to indicate, your primary income is from stock market investments they have probally got you.

Good Luck.

D
akis

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:01:27 PM »

ok guys i have very bad news for all day traders  i got burned by the federal tax please make sure how you declare your gains to the goverment for more information please contact me  Angry
efficient_frontier

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »

I know it is possible to open a business such as numbered company Inc and trade within the shell of that company to lower the tax rate on returns. There are some conditions that must be met however.

I know having what the CRA dub's "specialized knowledge" such has being a CFA Charterholder can help bolster your case.

A good tax lawyer will know what to do. Money well spent IMO.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: