Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:29:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why the differance in "%"  (Read 21048 times)
Kez

« on: December 10, 2010, 09:19:56 AM »

I just started to trade using Ulyimate Price +5 and bought the two recomendations when I got the e-mail... so far, as of today the % Super Stock Picker shows is only down -.78% but when I look at my results I'm down..
Golden mines down -10.03%, and Orezone Mines down -5.87%...  everyday my % goes down and Super Stock Picker show their % going up...  so far I'm down in dollars about 3500.00..
What am I missing?
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 09:40:28 AM »

Hello,

One of the mistakes beginners usually do is that they do not follow the same allocation as what we use in our portfolios. You can learn more here:
http://www.superstockpicker.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

But, as the performances of the 3 stocks currently in the Ultimate Price Momentum v5+ are quite close from each other, an equally weighted portfolio (in dollars) should have very comparable results.

Also, I don't when you have started following the portfolio, but if you look at the numbers published on the website, you can see that the UPM v5+ has peaked on Nov 30th and is declining since then. All data are available on the portfolio's description page:
http://www.superstockpicker.com/Ultimate%20Price%20Momentum%20v5+%20history.csv

The figure of -.78% you're mentioning is the result for yesterday (
Dec 9th) only.

I hope this helps.
Accruer

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 02:46:06 PM »

Yes, following the same allocation method is critical if you want similar performance as the SSP portfolios.

I started following the UPM 4+ in March and my portfolio's performance is within 1% of SSP's.

Blue = my portfolio
Red = SSP UPM 4+
Green = 2x S&P/TSX
Yellow = S&P/TSX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: