Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:53:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapest stock on Venture STC.VN  (Read 15084 times)
OliLaser

« on: April 29, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »

What the company does?
Sangoma manufacturs hardware to convert telephone frequencies to VOIP frequencies.  They also make hardware for a variety of other things in a commercial computer system for calls.  You know the computer operated voice which says for barbra press 2, for sales press 3 etc.   Sangoma makes the intenal stuff on the computer that makes that work.  It saves companies money and Sangoma makes the best quality product.  I say that from talking with the fine folks at http://www.voipon.co.uk/. A distrubiter of Sangoma and their competitors products.

Here is why the stock is cheap. 
Market Cap=12.96Mill   # of shares=30.15   Price per share=0.43
Balance Sheet (Millions CAD)
Current
Cash & Equivilants                                      7.675       
Accounts receivable                                    1.347                 
Income tax credits receivable                        .192                       
Inventory                                                     2.030               
Prepaid expenses and deposits                    .090                   
Income taxes receivable                             1.125

Future income taxes                                      .003                             
Property, plant and equipment                      .519                       
Development costs                                       2.604                     
Intangible assets                                          3.600                   
Goodwill                                                       5.542
Total Assets                                               24.732                                         

Total Liabilites =                                          1.561

At this price you are getting a very good deal for Sangomas Assets. For your purchase price of $12.96Million you are getting
$7.67 in cash- $1.56 total Liabilities = $6.11Mill cash
1/2 Accounts Recievable                         .67  Using half as a margin of saftey.
1/2 Inventory                                          1.0               
Income tax credits receivable                  .192                                   
Prepaid expenses and deposits              0                 
Income taxes receivable                         1.125
                                                               9.097 Current Assets. Which you can sell and get money for right away almost. 
Now lets look at the other assets your going to get

Future income taxes                                      0                         
Property, plant and equipment                      .519                       
Development costs                                       2.604                     
3/4Intangible assets                                      2.7    Using 3/4 as a margin of sfafety
1/4Goodwill                                                  1.385Using 1/4 as a margin of saftey
Total Assets                                                 7.199

Total Assets purchased for $12.9Million Mkt Cap   =      $16.28Million   
Total amount of assets which are easily liquidated =      $9.097Million                         
Sangoma has steadily increased equity by around 3% a quarter for the last 26 quarters and has been profitable for 26+ quarters in a row.  Here is Sangomas income record ( Cad $ Mill)
2007-Rev=8.2      NI=1.82     FCF=1.4
2008-Rev=12.34  NI=2.91     FCF=2.82
2009-Rev=11.12  NI=2.5       FCF=1.81
2010-Rev=12.51  NI=2.56     FCF=0.83

http://www.sangoma.com/about_us/investor_relations.html
this is a link so you can do all your DD!
Sangoma has hired some of the industry leaders and founders.  The new CEO (replacing founder who is retiring) has 1.6Mill shares at .51 as part of the employee stock option plan.   This will be a major incentive for him to do well.

Sangoma has issued a course issuer bid starting December 10, 2010.   The stock price has been around .4-.57 since then.  This is good as they are buying back the stock at this low price.  When stock was issued to help fund the aqquisition of Parapix, it was above $1.   This essentialy cuts the price of the purchase. 

Sangoma has a niche, it is selling for 30%(3.81Mill) above Current Asset Value.  Has been profitable for 26+ quarters and has made over $2.5Million for the last 3 years.  If you could buy the whole company at this proce you would be paying 3.81Million (Market Cap- Current Assets) for a stream of cash flows of at least $0.5Mill/year, This is using a discounted Cash flow and a discounted inventory and Accounts Recievable.

Justo

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 04:50:53 PM »

I think you're very close to your valuation here, however there are some things that I should point out. It seems to me that you are using a liquidation value for this company correct? If that is the case then 1. Property, Plant, and Equipment should be discounted, 2. The value of intangible assets drops to a valuation of zero and 3. goodwill during liquidation would also drop to zero. I'm also a little worried why they would put development costs under an asset...

Now I haven't look at thier financials (I'm just taking your word for it Smiley) But it seems to me that the company isn't worth more than $0.30/share(by my calculations using book value less development costs, goodwill, and intangibles).

The only way the price could be valued higher is if they have excellent earnings. So if you could post those that would be great! Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: