Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:58:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CORBY DISTILLERIES LTD  (Read 15222 times)
undertaker2

« on: June 05, 2007, 03:46:09 PM »

Hi,

I am new to stock market. I need an advice - what is perspective of investment in Beverages - Wineries & Distillers market? How stable it is? And does anybody knows anything about "CORBY DISTILLERIES LTD"? P/E is good and company does not have much debts, however I am not sure how high is competition in this business and what is the growth of the market.
DCA

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 05:08:13 PM »

People drink when they are happy, they drink when they are sad.  The only things better are tobacco and meth for customer loyality.

The big issue is shelf space.  Where do they sell.  For instance, there are some small brewers in Ontario, their market is Ontario, and the Ontario market is controlled by "The Beer Store"  (Think Wal-Mart).  They just changed their policy making it harder for the 'small' brands to get on the shelf.

The equivalent force in BC is the LDB, -no lisiting = no sale.

International sales require size and without size they are at the mercy of local politicians so the risk facter will be seen in the P/E ratio.

Look for stocks that are showing a good PEG, esp, if they have a new product (think Grey Goose - it's not even good, but it is hot!).

DCA
undertaker2

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:08:25 PM »

Thank you DCA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: