Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:37:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TIM.to  (Read 21403 times)
Maxpowers

« on: June 25, 2007, 03:20:43 PM »

The run seems to be over...  Did anyone else bail out of this stock today.. I didn't want to wait until Monday for the sell signal... Does SSP ever issue a sell order mid week?
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:07:25 PM »

Hello,

No, if the portfolio is set to sell once a week, this rule is always applied as is.
It is the strength of our system, not to react emotionally.

Also, even if it is not possible to predict what the next batch of orders will be before Friday, there is a high probability that TIM will not trig a sell signal.
The system is not optimized for short term movement, but try to filter out this noise instead.
A few good or bad days is not enough to generate a buy or a sell signal...
jeff

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 10:20:04 AM »

Hello,

No, if the portfolio is set to sell once a week, this rule is always applied as is.
It is the strength of our system, not to react emotionally.

Also, even if it is not possible to predict what the next batch of orders will be before Friday, there is a high probability that TIM will not trig a sell signal.
The system is not optimized for short term movement, but try to filter out this noise instead.
A few good or bad days is not enough to generate a buy or a sell signal...

VERY GOOD POINT! 100% RIGHT! I am still holding TIM.

Jeff
jeff

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 04:28:53 PM »

Dear SSP:

I am thinking of adding more TIM tomorrow (June27th). Do you think it is still o.k. to add at this price level? Last time i bought only a little TIM due due fund shortage. Now I have some extra money to spend: I have two choices at this moment:  TIM or  PSE. what would you suggest? what do you think of accumulations on certain stocks? Or shall I wait for next buy list? Thanks a lot.

Jeff
Maxpowers

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 05:47:28 PM »

It seems that TIM still has some momentum left.  I think to follow the system best you should wait for the next orders... I would wait until monday and see what the pics are... wpt looks like it might be a good buy for SSP 3 portfolio on monday.
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 08:59:55 AM »

Hello jeff,

Well, it is hard to respond to your question in the way that we have no idea which one of these stocks have more fuel left, if any, before a future sell signal. Our system is not designed for that.

When you are going out of the tracks of SSP, you can only do it with your own feelings in technical or fundamental analysis.

In any case, we would at least recommend to wait for the next batch of orders, in the case, very unlikely in those two cases, that one of the stocks would become a sell.
jeff

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 09:37:35 AM »

Hello jeff,

Well, it is hard to respond to your question in the way that we have no idea which one of these stocks have more fuel left, if any, before a future sell signal. Our system is not designed for that.

When you are going out of the tracks of SSP, you can only do it with your own feelings in technical or fundamental analysis.

In any case, we would at least recommend to wait for the next batch of orders, in the case, very unlikely in those two cases, that one of the stocks would become a sell.

Sir, thank you very much. somehow i couldn't refuse my like towards TIM, so I jumped in this morning and added more shares at $5.68.

again, thank you very much for everything.

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: