Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:12:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Momentum V4 and ONR  (Read 22093 times)
jpenns

« on: November 07, 2011, 03:36:23 PM »

Hi SSP

I'm wondering what you're going to do with the recent reorganization of ONR, its split into two companies, and its subsequent misleading drop of 80% in price.  The system signaled a sell on Friday, but I'm wondering if that's a legitimate sell order, since the price drop was more a reflector of the stock split than price momentum, and wouldn't really be accounted for by your system.  Also, now everyone who owned ONR has hardly any ONR position but a huge position in PSN.  When should we sell PSN?  I'd suggest that the price of PSN should probably replace the price of ONR in whatever price momentum algorithms your system is using.
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 04:23:13 PM »

Hello,

You can see this thread regarding the way we handle this situation:
http://www.superstockpicker.com/forum/index.php?topic=2979.msg5852#msg5852
jpenns

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 04:31:33 PM »

Ok, thanks.  That's slightly problematic for me since according to my broker I won't actually be able to sell PSN until they're given the stocks by the company.  Just pointing out that in this situation the system becomes impossible to follow.  I also feel like the sell on ONR and PSN are based on the inaccurate figures given by the price of ONR.
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:27:17 AM »

If you have a margin account, you can take a short position on PSN. So, the day you'll eventually receive the PSN stocks, you'll have no position.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: