Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:20:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need advice  (Read 20047 times)
Zasypkina

« on: May 10, 2012, 01:13:25 PM »

Good evening!

Any suggestions on how much money I have to have just to start stock market trading? What is the fewest amount?
DCA

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 10:54:53 AM »

That depends on the brokerage used.  Most in Canada require a minimum balance of $1000.  In a single stock I would say that the smallest amount for trading is around $500.  If you are planning a buy and hold strategy it could be dropped to $100 per stock.

Although I would say that the minimum investment in a stock should grow as your portfolio grows.  I think it is difficult to truly follow more than 30 stocks so I try to make my minimum investment in a stock 1/30th of my portfolio size.

D
Zasypkina

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 02:18:08 PM »

Thank you for advice!)
And less than that?
I found this: finance-forecast.c om. You can earn money on the stock market without fear of margin calls. Just predict, where you think the Dow Jones or S&P will close for a day, week or month. And what is great, that it's only 0,99$ to place your one bet.
What do you think?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: