Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:13:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can users follow their own portfolio?  (Read 17048 times)
jeff

« on: October 05, 2006, 07:52:05 AM »

could you please provide us with our own portfolio, so we can record our buy and sell and track our trading record, just similar like yours?  right now I am using marketwatch.com's "my portfolio". but I find yours is better, especially I found it very useful that alll buy and sell orders generated to build the portfolio since inception can be viewed. by tracking the historical orders since inception, we can know how good we are doing for all the trading we make all the time and figure out how to improve our performance. yes, super stock picker has it's own very details portfolios already, but personally I don't buy and sell every stock Super Stock Picker recommends. It may have many reasons: maybe I don't have enough money to buy all of them, maybe I find one or two stocks too risky for me, maybe I don't like the sector, maybe I want to watch the recommended stock a little bit more and then buy/sell, maybe ......there are many reasons. it's better to have my own portfolio with Super Stock Picker.  and with your system, you may help us analyse our trading, like the statistics you have for your portforlios performances.

thank you very much and have a nice day.

Jeff
jeff

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 05:21:02 PM »

dear sir, thank you very much for your quick response (like always. I noticed that  your responses to every member's posts are very quick. you took every post, every question, and every suggestions from the members seriously. we very much appreciate that).

I found the design and the display of your portfolio absolutely THE BEST: simple and clear. I am using marketwatch.com's "my portfolio": they don't show the chart for the "return since inception", they don't have the compounded monthly returns, they don't show the long term and short term returns ("one month, three months, six months, one year, year to date  returns").  yes, they keep your trading records. but  you can choose only "the open positions" or the "open and closed positions" . if you choose "open and closed positons", they put all your open and closed positions mixed together in a long list, which seems to be a mess for me. yahoo.com's portfolio is not even worth mention it.

as you said, we need a clear picture of our performances. many important things could be easily "buried in our trading data". in order to improve our trading skills we need to know about ourselves: where are our strengths? where are our weakness? ... etc. If we had a winning trade, we ask ourselves, why we got it right? and we keep doing it next time. If we had a bad trade, we ask ourselves, why we lose? what went wrong? and we try to avoid the same mistake next time .... that's the only way we can improve.

take care and have good weekend.

again, thanks to super stock picker's hard work and good work. I joint super stock picker  for only 3 weeks, and my portfolio which get the leads 100% from you is up so far 15%, way outperform the leads I get from other sources or from my own research.

(by the way, in your portfolio, what is "absolute performance", what is "relatative performance"? "relative" to what?)
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 06:47:16 PM »

jeff,

I repost my answer here, or part of it, as some of our posts have been accidentally deleted.

So, it is a nice improvement request to have users to maintain their portfolio here the same way we present our portfolios.

We take note of your request and add it to the list of future improvements we could implement.

And about your other question about the different kinds of performances:
- the absolute performance is the performance the portfolio has recorded since its inception.
- and the relative performance is relative to its benchmark index.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: