Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:44:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portfolios tax sheltered?  (Read 19507 times)
Big Moe

« on: February 22, 2008, 07:05:21 PM »

Hi again,
I was just wondering if I want to use one or more of the portfolios list on this site for RSP contributions, how would I go about registering the portfolio or the stocks?  Or is it even possible to do what I'm talking about?

Thanks,
Morgan
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »

Hello Morgan,

Indeed, what you propose is not possible, at least, not this way.

Our service consists only in giving the recommendations to you. It is then your responsibility to trade those stocks if you want.

Now, about your RRSP question, what you can do is to contribute into a regular RRSP account and then use this cash to invest in the stocks recommended here.
Big Moe

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 05:05:52 PM »

Now, about your RRSP question, what you can do is to contribute into a regular RRSP account and then use this cash to invest in the stocks recommended here.

Ok, that sounds great.  Now do you have any idea if there are requirements that need to be met for a stock to qualify as tax sheltered or is it based on the fact that I'm using tax sheltered (RSP) money to fund my portfolio?

Thanks again,
Morgan
LuckyWon

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:07:46 PM »

There are benefits to keeping capital gain investments outside your RRSP.  When you buy equities outside of your RRSP you only pay tax on half of the gains.  And even if you loose money you can apply that loss to gains in future years.

Spend some time at www.taxtips.ca

Its a great site to learn more.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: