Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:04:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All cash in only one stock?  (Read 14017 times)
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« on: April 14, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »

I was reading a comment in your Virtual $50000 discussion which stated that you want to keep all of your money invested at all times.

My question is: If I was investing $100000 using your Ultimate Price Momentum v5 strategy, that you would suggest that I invested all $100000 in the one stock,Grande Cache Coal Corporation, that is open as of April 9, 2008?

I had wondered about taking the $100000 and dividing it into 5 parts and investing as you pick up more stocks.

Comments?

Thank you,

George
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 10:43:53 PM »

Hello,

Well, as of today, there are now two stocks in the portfolio:
http://www.superstockpicker.com/portfolio_Ultimate_Price_Momentum_v5.html

But, in any case, it is not what we recommend, but it is the way the money is allocated in our portfolios to have all the capital divided among the stocks currently in the portfolio. In case of a single stock, as it was the case last week, all the money was in that line.

Anyone has to choose if he can cope with that, but what we stress is that if you want to get the same (or very close) performance as what is shown on the website, then you have to allocate your money the same way as we do.

Also, see this thread for statistics about our portfolios: http://www.superstockpicker.com/forum/index.php?topic=28.0
Note that the 5 positions, that were created in the Virtual $5,000 portfolio, were based on the stats about the Ultimate Price Momentum v2 portfolio In the case of the UPM v5, it would be more appropriate to created 3 positions only...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: