Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:54:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what's your experience of holding spiking stocks?  (Read 22672 times)
jeff

« on: January 26, 2007, 08:49:03 PM »

If a stock is rising slowly I have no problem holding it for the long term. But when a stock I am holding spikes 50% or more on one day, I am always scared and think it could come down quickly as well or as least pull back 20%, 30% or more. so I always sell into spikes. WIN.TO I sold half when it spiked. IEX.TO I sold out when it spiked. What's your experience of holding spiking stocks?
aaron28

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 10:27:18 PM »

My experience is similar. I usually try to beat the market and sell before the spike. I think periods of intense trading are volatile. I reap the profits and don't look back. I look for another stock that is trading fine and then I'll move on. "Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered."

Anna1

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 04:14:49 AM »

I'm new in this area, so I haven't got any experience yet. Hope to learn something from this thread Smiley Thanks for your posts

bryanmcn

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 06:54:11 AM »

Hi Anna

This board has been very quiet since the 2008 crash. It gets worse in summer.
The recent correction has sent many trader / investors into hibernation (including myself) but the SSP indicator has finally turned up and several stocks in the portfolios look like they have some upward potential.

Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: