Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:07:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DDS  (Read 35951 times)
bryanmcn

DDS
« on: January 12, 2009, 01:04:28 PM »

I was warned by my Etrade broker that DDS has been sited for fraudulant reporting. I am not buying. 
garilou

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM »

Hi, Bryan,

But my feel is that you would not have bought anyway... Wink
not your prefered price range.

Thanks for the info, but I can't find it anyway where else ... is this insider info? If yes, maybe you should not post it.
Is it more than a rumor? Could you give us a link?

Louise

bryanmcn

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 09:44:47 AM »

Hi Louis
I was about to buy through Etrade. In fact when I hit the confirm button an error message popped up telling me to contact a broker. I called the broker and she said that they could do the transaction but that I should be aware that Labopharm had been sited for fraudulent reporting.
Bryan
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 01:33:50 PM by bryanmcn » Logged
garilou

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 01:06:11 AM »

Hi Bryan,

I sorry for such a late reply.
I guess you were lucky in a sense that they warned you.
Pretty good service they give you there.

The only news that I have found related to legal problems is pretty old:
http://ca.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idCAN2231558420080422

But this does not seem to have hurt DDS too much.
Now that Ryzolt has been approved, the stock might loose some of it's momentum though.
Just as I write this, I receive SSP's email that DDS has mode it to UPMv4, so I guess it still has some growth potential.

Louise
bryanmcn

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 10:23:20 AM »

Louise
Yes DDS is very tempting. But for me it is forbidden fruit. I should call the Company and ask them for an explaination.
Has anyone done that already?
Bryan
garilou

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 01:41:28 AM »

Hi Bryan,
Has anyone done that already?

I have, not for DDS, but I have done that twice, as a matter of fact, and it is surpising how fast they reply.
As for the reply it-self, one has to be very careful. If you already were a stock holder, maybe it would ghave more weight, but yes, I think you should call or write to them.

On Nasdak, it is rated as a very risky stock (http://www.nasdaq.com/services/riskMetrics.stm) (DDSS)

Still very tempting.
Anyway, let us know if you decide to call the company.

Louise
bryanmcn

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »

I emailed them . They said that it was th efirst they have heard of it and will contact Etrade for an explaination.
garilou

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »

Good move, Bryan !
See I had told you yesterday that they usually reply very fast.

But I guess you should also ask E-trade on what basis they had given you that information.

Keep us informed!

Thanks,

Louise

bryanmcn

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 07:22:24 PM »

DDS guy called etrade and they had no explaination other than it must have been a mistake.
garilou

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 10:56:21 PM »

Ouch! an expensive mistake, not only for you!
E-Trade is huge, and if all of its clients received the same wrong information, added to all from this forum who received it from you!
We missed a nice little run...

I am not blaming you, it's easy to "second guess", but I suppose that if something like that ever happens again, you will ask E-Trade to found better their assertion!

I am surprised that only you and me were involved in this discussion.

After all, it was an SSP buy recommendation.
Lots of people have at least a look at their buy recommendations.
But many read you topic... including SSP I guess.

Might not be too late, but anyway, thank you very much to have kept us informed.

Maybe, after you reassured everyone, DDS will jump up tomorrow  Wink

Louise
denhams

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 08:26:33 PM »

Louise,

Perhaps I speak for a portion of the SSP readership when I say, as I have been following the DDS controversy....

As a strict follower of the SSP V4 rules, I was aware - on purchase day - of a problem with "DDS" as I confirmed my buy-order. BUT, as it was indicated that a buy would not be processed (at least until I contacted E*Trade), and since I quickly discovered from this website why that was, I didn't bother phoning in any inquiries as I "already knew the answer" - erroneous as it may seem now.

Also, I didn't bother to post on this site either, as you guys have been doing a very fine job at that on your own. I have nothing insightful to add, and don't wish to deplete any band-width. Thank-you to all of you for your fine efforts. It's not that I am without effort, but you left nothing for me  to do.

As for "DDS" jumping tomorrow, we shall see. I am hoping not, and it does appear very liquid, so perhaps we'll have an easy go of it.
garilou

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »

Hi Denhams,
Nice to read what you wrote.
I took part to the conversation, Bryan did most of the work.
I am happy that you jump in a little, although, as I had wrote, I knew that more had been following the exchanges.
It would have been interesting though to know that what happened to Bryan was not an isolated case: since I was still busy with my shorts, I had not tried to buy DDS (not that easy with so little volume anyway), so I do not know if E-Trade was the only broker that blocked DDS.

When I said that "DDS" might jump "tomorrow"(ie. today Tuesday), I was joking more then anything else.
I felt that DDS was loosing some of it's momentum, at least for a few days.
Too bad (or good for you), DDS had just reached the UPMv4 portfolio, and it started with a 3.86% loss

There was a point today, even before the signal was updated on the site, when we knew that we had entered a new DOWN signal level.

As a good SSP follower, I guess you wont buy anything tomorrow (Wednesday).
So it will leave us time to see how it's going to do, hoping that this
DOWN  signal won't last too long.

So, I won't finish with "good trading to everyone",
Good time to take a rest for those who do not short  Wink

Louise
DCA

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »

I note that DDS is still a "call trading desk" at E-trade.  Guess the explation from DDS guy was not convincing.

D
garilou

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:59:41 PM »

SSP gave a sell order on DDS, and it does not look too exciting for a while.

Still, it is a really strange thing this DDS story with E-Trade.
I guess E-Trade should justify better then saying that "it must have been a mistake" on Jan. 10th, if that "mistake" is still not corrected by now!

What interest would have E-trade to, in a way, boycott this stock?

Louise   
bryanmcn

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 07:38:14 AM »

Is DDS an OTC stock? Etrade, I noticed does not allow web trading of OTC stocks.
Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: