Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:46:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie  (Read 24544 times)
markcle

« on: May 31, 2009, 06:14:56 PM »

I look at the returns SSP is getting and think: THIS IS WAY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! There must be some kinda catch, would some veteran out there please reassure me that this is for real! If it is for real somebody should tell Warren Buffet about it 'cause  he can't make gains like these ! Huh

Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »

Hello markcle,

A little note to specify what has been recorded live on the markets on this site.

The portfolios which names end with the "+" suffix use our new Martket Timing Indicator". This indicator has been developed in October 08 after the market crash, in order to reduce the volatility of our portfolios.
Before that date, the signals of this indicator are simulated, after that, they are recorded live. The portfolios on which the signals are added have been recorded live since inception though.

They are the portfolios without the "+" suffix that you can see in the second table on the Portfolios page.
bryanmcn

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:08:49 PM »

In other words ... yes ... its too good to be true. When in doubt check 6 month returns on the non "+" portfolios.

Confusing isn't it?

I have always maintained that no one will hold the SSP portfolio for more that a few months as the volitility will shake out most traders. That said... they do have some nice picks. So trade them as you see fit with your own style and risk tolerance.
Bryan 
markcle

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:34:25 PM »

Thanks admin. and bryan;

I read the debates between you regarding the + portfolios and I must agree with the administrator-I don't see any problem with revising the portfolios to reflect what would have happened had the timing indicator been available. I just wish someone had told me to go to cash last Oct!!
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 06:38:27 AM »

Hello,

markcle is referring to this thread:
http://www.superstockpicker.com/forum/index.php?topic=1534.0

Also, take advantage of the fact that our information is free. You can follow our portfolios for a while to assess them and see if you feel they are right for you...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: