Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:23:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lnr.to  (Read 33425 times)
jeff

« on: August 07, 2009, 10:27:20 AM »

for a long long time i only watched but never bought anything from SSP's picked. DWI i almost bought, the next day it gapped up,  and i gave up.

LNR is the only stock i buoght. so far gained 7%. i hope that more gains may follow.
jeff

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:34:12 PM »

Dear SSP,

LNR is rising nicely, gained 4.82% for today, 14.57% for the week. i couldn't understand why SSP generated  a "sell" order for LNR? it's momentum is still strong in my view. I am so unwilling to sell this one. i have 8.9% gains after today's close.
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 08:16:16 AM »

Hello Jeff,

Indeed, LNR is still showing a nice momentum, but we use relative filters. Our system has then been able to find a lot of stocks with more momentum than LNR. Then, it become a sell.

Take care that it is not a good thing to fall in love with your stocks :-)

That being said, if you keep the stock a bit longer, our advice would be to place a tight stop order on it so that you don't loose all your profits too fast if something goes wrong.
bryanmcn

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 08:46:24 AM »

Jeff
LNR has a great looking chart. Its "stepping up" nicely with low volitility. If your not a big risk taker, LNR is a better play then some of the other SSP picks.
Which begs the question;

Why is SSP selling LNR and holding dogs like ANP and AZD?

Bryan
jeff

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 09:58:22 AM »

thanks for all your advises.

i missed DWI back then before the gap up. now it got picked in V4. I want to follow this time and buy it on Monday. it seems to be another buying opportunity when it had some dips recently. what do you think? i only hope that it won't gap up again. i dare not to chase gap ups or big run ups.

bryanmcn

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »

Hi Jeff
The general TA rule is that a stock will retrace about half of its gains before turning back up again. DWI is still retracing. I don't own it but if I were buying I would watch for it to base around the $5.80 range.
My opinion is that its better to wait for it to turn up and lose some gains than to risk losses as it retraces. IMHO.
Bryan
jeff

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »

Hi Bryan

thank you very much. i also noticed that DWI's MACD has crossed down. it may indicate that DWI may continue to retrace as you predicted. a safer way to buy is, as you said correctly, when it turned up, and even better, when MACD crossed up at the same time to confirm the new up trend.

I will keep watching DWI

again: thanks. 
bryanmcn

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 07:27:26 PM »

It looks like DWI has based and is moving back up. I am in.
Bryan
jeff

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »

It looks like DWI has based and is moving back up. I am in.
Bryan

Hi Bryan, thanks for letting us know. I followed SSP and sold my LNR.TO on Monday. looks like i did the right thing. the reason i sold it is not because the chart. On Monday when i sold it, the chart still looked good. i sold, because the volume has always been my concern. by the time when it really turned down, the gap could be big and i won't be able to sell it at the price i wanted. so i sold it while it was still "hot".

but i did not buy DWI. As a TA lover, i'd like to have all the factors as "perfect" as possible. DWI's MACD is still crossed down and haven't turned up yet. that prevented me from buying.

i think it's a good idea if we could share here what we bought and what we sold and why, so we can learn from each other.
jeff

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »

Hi Bryan

thank you very much. i also noticed that DWI's MACD has crossed down. it may indicate that DWI may continue to retrace as you predicted. a safer way to buy is, as you said correctly, when it turned up, and even better, when MACD crossed up at the same time to confirm the new up trend.

I will keep watching DWI

again: thanks. 

DWI's MACD crossed up, bought some at 7.27. let's see how it goes!
bryanmcn

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 04:51:49 PM »

DWI
I am also in at $7.31
Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: