Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:46:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a wish  (Read 26683 times)
jeff

« on: August 15, 2009, 07:14:21 AM »

i wish that SSP could set up a "my portfolio" section for it's members so we could follow and analyze our trades better.
garilou

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 04:00:13 PM »

Hi Jeff,
I wonder if you what your wish here is not:
1. asking a little bit too much,
2. unnesssary, because there are hundreds of sites that allow you to do that for free. Can't you track your portfolio on your trader's site, where you'd have all RT quotes?

I know it's not up to me to reply, but SSP, IMHO, should keep working on it's system and all the thinking they have to do to improve a few things really specific to them and that you won't find anywhere else!

Louise
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:13:14 PM »

Hello Louise and Jeff,

Indeed, this portfolio manager would be a nice feature to add but we have to prioritize our developments in order of importance.

So, we would of course first add more information and tools about what we already have on the site (market timing section, portfolio allocation) and only then we would be able to add some nice to have feature like a portfolio manager.

In the mean time, Louise suggestion of using another web based free tool to follow your portfolio and compare it to our results sounds a good compromise.
jeff

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:39:01 AM »

got it. thanks.
LuckyWon

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »

Hi Jeff,

I have found a free one at siliconinvestor that works very well.  It has charts and profit/loss statements similar to what you see here at superstockpicker.   There are not many free sites out there that have all the features of the siliconinvestor portfoio.

Just can't be too demanding of the free stuff Wink  SSP does a great job here.

Lucky

garilou

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 01:46:01 AM »

Good link, LuckyWon!
I registered and found that the have the same as http://www.advfn.com, or http://ca.advfn.com/
This portfolio is really good.
And although I don't use website based portfolios for my own things anymore, I use them sometimes to track other recommendations, (like I have somewhere a Tara's portfolio  Wink ),they can save a lot of time for many.

There is also msn.money.
If you have an MSN Password, you have access to 3 different types of portfolios, they are pretty good too.
But typical from Microsoft, not all work with other browsers than IE.
I liked the feature that allows to export to Excel, but I am an Excel maniac...

So Jeff you have some choices now. I think you should try a few to find out which one you prefer, but I guess LuckyWon's link could be the better choice.

Louise

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:10:21 AM by garilou » Logged
jeff

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

Hi Lucky and Louise:

thank you very much for the info. It's very nice of you. I registered at silicon.

Jeff
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:11:21 PM by jeff » Logged
garilou

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 04:38:21 AM »

A last word Jeff, and all others,
Nothing to do with a porfolio, so somewhat out of topic.
If you register at http://ca.advfn.com too, and choose charts, you'll be redirected to www.advfn.com, where they have pretty interesting charts, with tons of TA "studies", some of which I had never seen before, and "tools" to draw, you can move the chart sideways, well I have not explored it all. (Cnd stocks: TSX:ticker)
Not RT, but Intraday that fills new data in by it-self, so you never have to refresh.
Those charts are really special, and at least worth a look.
One of the features I like is the relative strenght index, which compares the strenght of the stock you are watching with the general market activity.

Louise
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: