Enter a symbol:
Toronto= :CA

You are here :  Home > Forum
August 20, 2019, 02:28:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Term needed for buying/selling stable stock on the up/down ticks  (Read 6616 times)

Karma: 0
Posts: 1

« on: May 30, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »

My financial terminology is weak so bear with me please.
I need the term that describes one buying a very stable stock that perhaps fluctuates very little.  Say AAA stock has an annual low of 49 and a high of 51.  I might buy it automatically when it dips to 49.5 and automatically sell when it rises to 50.5.  My transaction size is around $50,000 to minimize stock transaction costs.  I have a stop loss at around 49.  I would monitor it several times a day. 

Is there a term for this style of trading? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Copyright ©2004-2019 Agnosoft