Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:03:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stopped out today...  (Read 14432 times)
Victor

« on: November 12, 2007, 05:49:12 PM »

Stopped out on TIM, TRE and CUQ.  Managed to get the TRE and CUQ stops executed, but not TIM. CUQ did well, and it's nice to keep at least that.  TIM is nearing breakeven after today, and TRE was a loss.

Unfortunately it did feel like selling into panic, and tomorrow is likely to be a rebound.  On the other hand I had expected that on Friday and it didn't happen then.  You never know.

ABT and ET are near their stops as well.

I did buy some IMP earlier, and it's holding up.

After having reached 30.6% return, I'm now at 8.7%.  It's a pisser having given up that much.

I'm now 44% in cash.

Ugly times... but likely means it will bounce hard now... we'll see...

Cheers,

Victor
mrrammstein

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 07:27:02 PM »

I personally wish I had said to myself, that with all this subprime lending going on - the banks we're going to take a hit, which would be reported in the third quarter earnings, which would then drive down the market and induce panic selling, which is exactly what happened.

The stocks will indeed bounce back, unless something catastrophic were to happen with any of these companies, but its just a shame to think, as you said Victor, that had we sold before all these banks and other companies started bringing their losses into the direct spotlight, and then re-bought during this drop, we would have been much better off.

Lesson to be learned, that if a financial shitstorm is about to roll in, sell off and then rebuy at a discount. Live and learn right?
Victor

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 12:37:46 PM »

Got my fill on the TIM stop today.  Currently at 11.28% return and 65% cash.

ABT and ET very close to stops.  IMP is holding its own, while the new entries, BNK and PBG haven't done enough to encourage buying yet.

Cheers,

Victor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: