Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:56:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Telesta Therapeutics  (Read 18473 times)
garilou

« on: November 19, 2015, 04:52:15 AM »

Can anyone explain what could explain the terrible  drop of TST yesterday?
This is so sad for SSP UPM v1 and UPM v2 portfolios, that were saved by the MTI DOWN signal.
The last news
http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/telesta-therapeutics-inc-announces-results-of-annual-general-meeting-of-shareholders-550521411.html
seemed pretty harmless.

I was lucky enough to have stayed out: I am always prudent with penny stocks, and still more with the biotechs, and the Valeant story that was pulling all bio stocks down.

So when the order came in, I "vetted" it forwards and backwards:
The Reuters' report was not too enthusiastic, but the mean 12 months target was 1.50 seemed good.

But since October 28 my dear ATR 14 indicator was showing a possible reversal, despite many BUY signals, (the RSI was at 93!), and gave a clear SELL signal on Nov 10, one day after it came into the portfolios.

Still I would like to understand how it could have fallen so much, 2 days after the news. I guess someone knows something we don't.

Maybe it is now a buy, but it will take months for the confidence to come back

This does not take away my admiration for SSP.

Louise
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 09:41:52 AM »

Hello Louise,

Telesta had an hearing yesterday with the FDA and the results turned out to be negative.

See the press release available today:
http://www.telestatherapeutics.com/cms/phpPGfCZT.pdf

Biotechs have always been tricky and can make this kind of bump when they get bad news  Angry
garilou

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:13:55 PM »

dell-a-lou (19.11.2015 17:12):

Thank you for your reply.
This was not on their website last night, and appeared on my broker site only around noon today.But it seems that some people knew.  Wink

I am always afraid of biotechs, especially if they do not have too many products already bringing good income.

The MCNA seems to be their only drug in their "pipeline".
I cannot judge the product, but the advisory Committee members are not always free from influences.

It disappointing for the investors, but imagine for the searchers who worked so hard.

At this point, I might buy a few hundreds, in case the FDA would make a different decision.
garilou

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 12:57:28 PM »

YEP!

I had bought 3000 @ 0.235, just sold at 0.32 : 40%

Not big in $$$ but good percentage gain.

DCA

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:51:08 PM »

Biotechs can be tricky
and go bump in the night.

I should get that in glow in the dark letters on a T-shirt.
I was cursing myself for having left Valent at $200 until it went bump in the night.

My Stockpicker portfolio still has not recovered from DND. (now CPH)  I blame Justin Beiber for that one.

D
garilou

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 04:35:56 AM »

Hi DCA!
I had not seen your reply. The Forum has turned so quiet in the past years.
Nice to hear from you again.
Yes the biothechs are so unpredictable.
There are only 2 ways to trade them:
Either buy in the morning and sell at the close (bad news come always after hours).
or through the ETF HXC (Valeant hurt them all, but it should recover)

Your regret about Valeant remembers me when, more then 20 years ago when I sold Nortel (wasn't the name different them? I can't recall it), only 5 days after buying it :my son had asked me if I could lend him some money to buy his very first car - and that was the only stock I owned that I could sell with a small gain.
My broker thought I was foolish, but I held to my decision.
And each transaction in that time was $60.00!
The following day it fell more then 20%, and my broker called me at least 3 times, trying to know from where I had had the insider information!

LOL. We are not always so lucky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: