Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:48:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOULD I BUY NOW??  (Read 17516 times)
leezj17

« on: January 23, 2008, 01:10:46 PM »

Hello All,

I am a 25 year old mother of 2 and have always been interested in investing in stocks. I had my first son when I was 16, I put myself through nursing school and now I have 2 Rental properties.
I have never had the financial security to take this risk of investing in stocks until now. Because of the dramatic decline in the market I have read that it would be advisable to buy now. What do you all think? What should I invest in? I was thinking that I wanted to make small monthly payments because I want this to be a long term investment. I am not willing to invest alot. Please advise.

leez
bryanmcn

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:37:57 PM »

It depends on what dollar value you are talking about.
In my humble opinion you should not bother trying to actively trade with less than $50K. The slippage and fees eat away too much of the gains.
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:24:38 PM »

Hello leezj17,

Well, If your question is: is it the right time to buy stocks because the market has just taken a hit, my answer would be a definite NO.

We demonstrate on this website the power of the trends. We buy stocks after they already had a very good run in the last months and hold them for a while as long as they keep being good performers.

I think it is a beginner mistake to think like buying a car: I want to buy because it is less expensive than last month. The stock market does not behave like that. It might be possible that the recent hit is just the beginning of a bigger drop for the next months to come. If the US goes to recession, it does not take a genius to guess what direction the market will take...

Once again, just follow the trends, do not try to guess it or to go the other way.

They are other big players out there that make the market direction. As we do not have their buying power, let's just follow them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: