Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:42:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have to register again even if you are already a member of the Super Stock Picker.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTN  (Read 19878 times)
bryanmcn

WTN
« on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:20 PM »

Is it fair to say we have a bidding war going on for WTN? Up over 20% today and a good chunk of that rise was in the last few minutes of trading. 
This is a big winner for SSP. Up over 150% in the weekly portfolio.
Congrats to everyone who owns it. (Is it time to sell?)
Victor

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:12:26 PM »

My risk mgmt. strategy had me trimming my position by 20%.  I thought I was getting a good price, and then in the last minutes... wow!

Portfolio is up almost 4% today.  Haven't seen a day like that in a while.  I also noted in my daily report that the last time there were days like this it was an equity top.  Hopefully the risk mgmt. tools I'm using will keep me out of trouble.

As for WTN I didn't get in 'til later, so the return are markedly lower, although still very nice.

Cheers,

Victor
Cameron

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 09:24:42 AM »

I have a $1 VTSO on WTN now.
bryanmcn

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 06:29:46 AM »

Lets hope it doesn't trigger. My emotions are starting to eat at me on this one.
bryanmcn

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »

My emotional attachment to WTN forced me to sell today at $10.65. It was a fine run and perhaps we'll meet again. Thank you SSP for a fine 200% gain!
metro

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 09:52:06 AM »

I sold my position the other day at $9.70 for a grand total of 77% over my intitial investment and i regret doing so as I didn't think things out clearly enough.

Widening loss, possible buyout, increased sale price of coal, increased sales...3/4 is positive and the widening loss is due to increased costs...

I figured the stock would pull back below my sale of $9.70 and pick up the same amount of shares and keep the difference but so far no luck. If the rumours of a buyout continues, this stock should continue its rise....

never second guess SSP, I never learn...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: