Enter a symbol:
For Toronto: TSX:TD
FORUM

You are here :  Home > Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:23:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please, write to us so we can activate your new account!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAE- PEG  (Read 25952 times)
Maxpowers

« on: June 15, 2007, 11:28:12 AM »

I'm just looking to better understand the Low PEG stocks.  I have PAE at a PEG of 0.51.  (on yahoo finance)... is there a better site for looking up PEG information as this should not be a sell as it is below 0.60. 

Also, i'm looking into switching to Quest trade they have 4.99 trades.  Does anyone use this service or another broker that has 4.99 trades?

Thanks
MaxPowers
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 04:14:20 PM »

Hello Maxpowers,

You're right about the PEG ratio for PAE, we currently have 0.53 in our database.

But, the Low PEG ratio portfolio includes extra parameters on top of the PEG lower than 0.6.

We check for a minimum 3 month average volume of 50,000 and an analyst recommendation better than hold.

And that's this last criteria that has trigged the sell of PAE. PAE has lost its recommendation in the database we use, and so, it cannot be recommended anymore.
Maxpowers

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:24:15 PM »

Excellent and thank you.  I also looked at some of the other low peg stocks, ex) LIN up 300% with a peg of around 12.  I find this amazing... looks like it still has a way to go!
Maxpowers

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:25:43 PM »

0.12 that is!
jeff

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 11:10:39 PM »

hello, where to get the PEG information? thanks.

Jeff
bryanmcn

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 12:14:31 PM »

Have you ever considered combining the strategies of Low PEG with the Momentum? That is ... pick the stocks from the Low PEG that match the Momentum stategy or visa versa.
Thoughts?
DCA

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 08:15:23 PM »

I've been doing that a little.  When a LP stock appears on the momentum I have stocked up on it.

(Sorry could not resist)
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:12:37 PM »

Jeff
Jeff,

Go to http://finance.yahoo.com and you will find the PEG value for some stocks. It is available for a lot of US stocks and a bunch of Canadian stocks as well.

Here is the direct link to the page describing LIM.TO as reference previously in this thread.
The PEG ratio is available in the Analysts table at the bottom of the page on the right hand side.
Super Stock Picker
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 11:21:06 PM »

Have you ever considered combining the strategies of Low PEG with the Momentum? That is ... pick the stocks from the Low PEG that match the Momentum stategy or visa versa.
Thoughts?
It happens that a stock could be featured in both the Momentum and Low PEG portfolios, but it is quite unusual. Such a cross filter as currently designed would not screen a lot of stocks.
We could dig this idea and look for momentum only in stocks that have a low PEG ratio but surely not as low 0.6.
On the contrary, are our momentum losers stocks with the biggest PEG ratio? I don't know, I haven't checked that.
jeff

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 06:10:11 PM »

Jeff
Jeff,

Go to http://finance.yahoo.com and you will find the PEG value for some stocks. It is available for a lot of US stocks and a bunch of Canadian stocks as well.

Here is the direct link to the page describing LIM.TO as reference previously in this thread.
The PEG ratio is available in the Analysts table at the bottom of the page on the right hand side.

thanks for the info and the link. I checked OIL.TO's PEG, it's only 0.41, yet OIL has been rising like crazy, no-stop.

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: